Finding inspiration and strength can be crucial in the challenging journey of single motherhood.
For those mothers who have had to navigate the difficulties of raising their children without the presence of a father figure, the absence can create a unique set of hurdles.
However, in the face of adversity, they find the inner strength to provide for their children and create a loving and nurturing environment.
Through their resilience and determination, single mothers become an inspiration not only to their children but also to others who may be facing similar circumstances.
Our collection of absent father inspiration single mom quotes reminds us of the incredible strength and love that these women possess. So, let’s check out some of these inspirations.
100+ Absent Father Inspiration Single Mom Quotes
1. “I cannot forget my mother. She is my bridge. When I needed to get across, she steadies herself long enough for me to run across safely.” — Renita Weems
2. “In a child’s eyes, a mother is a goddess. She can be glorious or terrible, benevolent or filled with wrath, but she commands love either way. I am convinced that this is the greatest power in the universe.” – N.K. Jemisin
3. “Every day I become a little bit more like my mother… and I couldn’t be prouder.” ― Anonymous
4. “Just because I am a single mother does not mean I cannot be a success.” – Yvonne Kaloki
5. Supportive moms will want to use this birthday message for their son to show how loved he is on his birthday.
6. “Dear absent father from the mother of a daddy-less daughter. I just want to say… Thank you, and you are welcome!”
7. I am so grateful to be able to call you my son. You have brought so much happiness into my life, and I know that there is nothing that can compare to the feeling of being a mom. Have a birthday that is full of all the joy that you bring into my life!
8. A boy-mom win is sitting on the toilet, and it not being covered in pee.
9. “I didn’t plan on being a single mom, but you have to deal with the cards you are dealt the best way you can” — Tichina Arnold
10. “Remember that a single mom is just like any other mom and that our number one priority is still our kids. Any parent does whatever it takes for their kids, and a single mother is no different.” – Paula Miranda
11. “She has to have four arms, four legs, four eyes, two hearts, and double the love. There is nothing single about a single mom.”
12. “I can imagine no heroism greater than motherhood.” – Lance Conrad
13. “A single mother has a backbone made of steel and a heart made of gold.”
14. “As a single mom, it’s the unconditional love of your kids that gets you through. Well, until they become teens, then it’s your unconditional love that keeps them alive.”
15. “My mom tells me every single day that she’s proud of me.” – Don Lemon
16. “A child’s first teacher is its mother.” – Peng Liyuan
17. Acceptance, tolerance, bravery, compassion. These are the things my mom taught me. — Lady Gaga
18. “A relationship between a mother and a daughter shouldn’t be built on the shoulders of a man.” – Emily A. Myers
19. “No man succeeds without a good woman behind him. Wife or mother, if it is both, he is twice blessed indeed.” – Godfrey Winn
20. “Being a single mom is tough, but in the eyes of your child, no one does it better than you.”
21. “The strength of a single mother knows no limits. Even when she is beyond exhausted both mentally and physically, nothing will stop her from finding the strength she needs for her children.” – Anonymous
22. “Any single mother could perform the jobs of several air traffic controllers with ease.” – Lisa Alther
23. A son will always need his mom. Even if he has a wife and children, his mother’s hugs will always keep him warm.
24. “A mother’s love endures through all.” — Washington Irving
25. “Honestly, I have so much respect for single moms or anybody who finds themselves a single mother, but to even choose to be a single mother is just so courageous to me. It is such a hard job to raise a child and be everything to that child without a partner. It’s just admirable and courageous and brave and every other valiant word I can think of. I don’t know if I could do it on my own.” — Jennifer Lopez
26. My mother was nuts. My father was boring. My older brother was funny.” — Penny Marshall
27. “When you grew up with an absent father, you grew up dreaming and wanting. But most of all, you grew up way too fast.” – Anonymous
28. Best friends and the best mother ever; you are seriously a gift to me! I love you. Happy Mother’s day!
29. “The best place to cry is on a mother’s arms.” ~ Jodi Picoult
30. Most people’s mothers are the most influential person in their life. But my mother survived the camps, and she was very strong. She made me strong, but she wanted me to be strong. That’s more important. — Diane von Furstenberg
31. “Bringing up a daughter, a mother pours a part of her soul. Bringing up a son, she gives him her whole soul.” – Unknown
32. The more a daughter knows the details of her mother’s life… the stronger the daughter. – Anita Diamant
33. “A man can love different women during his life, but the love for his mother is timeless.”
34. “A single mom tries when things are hard. She never gives up. She believes in her family, even when things are tough. She knows that above all things, a mother’s love is more than enough.”
35. While this birthday message is a little longer, it is perfect for mothers who want their sons to know how much they have impacted her life and how deeply she cares for them.
36. “I know it’s hard being a single mom, but I’d rather do it by myself than with someone who doesn’t want to.” – Unknown
37. “A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” – Cardinal Mermillod
38. “Behind every successful man is a mother who never stops supporting him to reach his dreams.”
39. “There would be fewer absent fathers if straight men were turned on only by women with whom they would not mind having children.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
40. “My mother taught me that reading is a kind of work and that every paragraph merits exertion, and in this way, I learned how to absorb difficult books.”― Hope Jahren
41. “An absent father needs to realize his child’s needs before it is very late.” – Unknown
42. “It was tough being a single mom. It was tough being in a divorce with children. Very, very hard.” — Melissa Etheridge
43. Hope is the companion of power and mother of success; for who so hopes strongly has within him the gift of miracles. – Samuel Smiles
44. The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.
45. “As I learned from growing up, you don’t mess with your grandmother.” — Prince William
46. “There are so many women out there who are single moms, really not by choice, and doing it and making it work every day. I think it’s becoming much more a part of our culture, and I hope that it will become more accepted and that those women are going to be more and more appreciated, respected, and supported.” — Connie Britton
47. “No one ever said being a single mom would be easy. But they didn’t tell me the strength I would gain from it either.”
48. “Giving up is not an option for a single mom.” – Anonymous
49. ”Breath, darling, this is just a chapter. It’s not your whole story.” – S.C Lourie, Empowered Single Moms
50. “To be a mother of a son is one of the most important things you can do to change the world. Raise them to respect women, raise them to stand up for others, raise them to be kind.” – Shannon L. Alder
51. “If you want to stand with me as a single mom, and I know so many of my friends and colleagues do, please don’t appropriate my burden as a way to validate your own. To suggest that you are single-parenting when you are simply solo for the weekend devalues what real single mothers do.” – Rachel Simmons
52. I unapologetically and unabashedly am deeply biased toward my mother. — Chelsea Clinton
53. “I’m not really single. I mean I am, but I have a son. Being a single mother is different from being a single woman.” – Kate Hudson
54. “Don’t pity me because I am a single mom. Respect me for having the courage to do it alone, the strength to never give up, and the love to put my child’s needs before my own.”
55. “Single mom or not, remember that you are the best and you are doing the best.” – Unknown
56. ‘I didn’t plan on being a single mom, but you have to deal the card you are dealt the best way you can.’ – Tichina Arnold
57. “I am a single mom, and I’m the breadwinner, and I have to work, and I have to do these things, and that’s just the way it is. I don’t think my son even knows any different.” – Charisma Carpenter
58. “As a single mom, I’m not taking my path alone. My kids are always following me.”
59. “I was born and raised in East Los Angeles by a single mom who had three biological kids and adopted four more. I never met my dad.” – Will.I.Am
60. “Mothers – especially single mothers – are heroic in their efforts to raise our nation’s children, but men must also take responsibility for their children and recognize the impact they have on their families’ well-being.” – Evan Bayh
61. “Go ask your dad” is off the table as a single mom.
62. “Her mother’s injunction on competing with other girls is a challenge, a gauntlet thrown down: ‘You just have to be smarter than the ones who are prettier and prettier than the ones who are smarter.’” — Cherry: A Memoir
63. “I’m a hustler. I’m a single mom, so whatever I’ve gotta do.”
64. “It takes a tremendous amount of strength to be a single mother. To hold down the fort of a home, a life, and your child’s entire happiness.” — Nikki Rowe
65. “Fathers, take note. Children will always remember the man who treated them with love and affection. Don’t be an absent father.” – Abu Muawiyah Ismail Kamdar
66. “I was raised in Boston by three older brothers and a very strong and empowering single mom.” – Eliza Dushku
67. “She has to have four arms, four legs, four eyes, two hearts, and double the love. There is nothing single about a single mom.” – Mandy Hale
68. “How beautifully everything is arranged by Nature; as soon as a child enters the world, it finds a mother ready to take care of it.” – Jules Michelet
69. “There is an enduring tenderness in the love of a mother to a son that transcends all other affections of the heart.” — Washington Irving
70. “Why is it braver to be a single mother versus being with a partner? Being a couple and having a child could be more challenging because there might be conflict if the male partner cannot understand the extreme attachment a woman feels when she has a child.” – Monica Cruz
71. “I didn’t plan on being a single mom, but you have to deal with the cards you are dealt the best way you can.” – Tichina Arnold
72. ‘As a single mom, you are going to have bad days, overwhelming days, too tired days, and I can’t go on days. But every day, you’ll still show up and give it all for your children. Because Mama, you are stronger than you think you are.’
73. ”I love being a single mom. But it’s definitely different when you’re dating.”
74. “If you want to stand with me as a single mom – and I know so many of my friends and colleagues do – please don’t appropriate my burden as a way to validate your own. To suggest that you are single-parenting when you are simply solo for the weekend devalues what real single mothers do.” – Rachel Simmons
75. “Men are what their mothers made them.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
76. “Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had.” — Linda Wooten
77. “We almost lost my mom to cancer 10 years ago — she survived. Every day we’re a grateful family to have her and all our loved ones around us.” – Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
78. “I’m a hustler. I’m a single mom, so whatever I’ve gotta do, I gotta do.” – Sherri Shepherd
79. All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
80. My parents elected me president of the family when I was 4. We actually had an election every year, and I always won. I’m an only child, and I could count on my mother’s vote. — Condoleezza Rice
81. “Fathers are what their mothers made them.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
82. “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stand in its path.
83. “My mother always says people should be able to take care of themselves, even if they’re rich and important.” – Frances Hodgson Burnett
84. “Some mothers are kissing mothers, and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same, and most mothers kiss and scold together.” ― Pearl S. Buck
85. “It takes someone really brave to be a single mom and raise a child on her own.” – Anonymous
86. “As a single mom, I’m juggling a lot and working long hours. Yes, it costs them a little, but what my children get in return is a mother who is energized and content.” — Edie Falco
87. “The mother’s heart is the child’s schoolroom.” ~ Henry Ward Beecher
88. “No matter your age, you will always need your mom.” – Unknown
89. Thanks for being an incredible mother and role model to me during my childhood. I am so thankful to have your support and guidance as I navigate through life. Happy Mother’s Day!
90. ”Hillary Clinton famously talked about how raising a child takes a village. Except our society isn’t set up that way. We’re organized in nuclear units, and a single mom can ask her friends only so many times for help picking up the kids.”
91. “A good mother knows if her son becomes a soldier, he will be a general.”
92. “Only a brother can love like a father, annoy like a sister, care like a mother and support like a friend. I love you my brother.” – Joyce Knight
93. “A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” – Tenneva Jordan
94. “The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your children.” — Jessica Lange
95. “Peace is the beauty of life. It is sunshine. It is the smile of a child, the love of a mother, the joy of a father, the togetherness of a family. It is the advancement of man, the victory of a just cause, the triumph of truth.” — Menachem Begin, former prime minister of Israel. These stories of foster kids finding forever homes will melt your heart.
96. “I was living as a young single mom. I was 19 when I was divorced, and my daughter was a year old, and I waited tables here three to four nights a week for several years while I was trying to support myself and my daughter, and the day I got that acceptance at Harvard Law School was an unforgettable day.” – Wendy Davis
97. “Heaven on earth is looking at my little boy. The minute he was born, I knew if I never did anything other than being a mom, I’d be fine.” – Jenny McCarthy
98. “I would say to any single parent currently feeling the weight of stereotype or stigmatization that I am prouder of my years as a single mother than of any other part of my life.” – J.K. Rowling
99. “I mean imagine that shit. You bust your ass as a single parent, and your kid treats the absentee parent like a rock star. But love is like water, and it slides over the smooth places. Sinks into the cracks.” ― NoNieqa Ramos
100. You work hard all day for your children, but sometimes, you need to take a break and take a breather yourself. It is fine to sit down and relax and sometimes let yourself go easy.
101. Being a single mom is not an easy task, but with perseverance and a positive attitude, a mother can inspire her children to overcome the challenges that come with an absent father and find success and happiness in life.
102. Being a working mother and a working single parent instills in you a sense of determination. – Felicity Jones
Our absent father inspiration single mom quotes are a reminder of the strength and resilience displayed by single mothers who have had to navigate the challenging journey of raising their children without the presence of a father.
These quotes provide comfort and inspiration to single mothers who may be feeling overwhelmed or discouraged and shed light on the remarkable determination and unconditional love these women possess.
Through their words, these quotes emphasize the importance of self-belief, perseverance, and the ability to find inner strength in the face of adversity.