Lacrosse is a sport that combines speed, agility, and teamwork. It requires dedication, passion, and a strong mindset to excel in this fast-paced game. Whether you are a player, coach, or fan of lacrosse, there’s no denying the power of inspirational quotes to motivate and uplift.
And lucky you! We’ve done footwork and scoured the internet for the best inspirational lacrosse quotes, where you will find words of wisdom from legendary players and coaches that will inspire you to push harder and never give up.
50+ Inspirational Lacrosse Quotes For A Confidence Boost
1. “Lacrosse goals are attained not by strength but by perseverance.” – Felicity Luckey
2. “It’s a family; lacrosse is not like any other sport; it’s more of a way of life.” – Adam Gardner
3. “Lacrosse seems to be a sport of the future. Maybe it’s even become the sport of the now.” – Chris Hall
4. “Every time we have a lacrosse match, another two or three kids come up and want to play. As long as we keep playing the games, we’ll keep growing.” – Mike Dubbelde
5. “In another 10 years, lacrosse will be what everybody’s kids are playing.” – Gary Husmann
6. “You can play lacrosse all over the world provided you know where the goalposts are.” – Peter Greenaway
7. “I thought lacrosse was what you find in la church.” – Robin Williams
8. “When you talk about lacrosse, you talk about the lifeblood of the Six Nations. The game is ingrained into our culture and our system and our lives.” – Oren Lyons
9. “In lacrosse, the momentum changes so quickly. Would we like to turn 3-0 into 6-0? Sure, but it’s not realistic with the talent in this league. Teams are going to battle back.” – Ed Comeau
10. “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference between lacrosse success and lacrosse failure.” – Felicity Luckey
11. “Although it will be an intense affair, we will all have fun and, in the end, the sport of lacrosse will be victorious.” – Gavin Prout
12. “I’m a lacrosse player, and I’m not rowdy. I was an altar boy; the kids here know the difference between what’s on the field and off.” – Jack Moran
13. “Lacrosse is like one of those diseases that comes through the family and infects everybody. It caught every one of us.” – Ted Wolford
14. “We’re doing our homework to make sure we’re prepared.” — Gary Gait
15. “There are guys who play lacrosse, and there are lacrosse players.” — Brendan Mundorf
16. “There are two times of the year that stir the blood. In the fall, for the hunt, and now for lacrosse.” — Oren Lyons
17. “Being a part of the finesse and physicality of box lacrosse has been a great experience for me. I feel that I have learned and improved as an overall lacrosse player. Learning to adapt in tight space while reading defenders and offensive players has been the biggest improvement in my game.” — Paul Rabil
18. “In lacrosse, you fear not for yourself but for the one who feels he will triumph over you.”
19. “I believe that box lacrosse gives young people many more opportunities to excel in our game.” — Bill Tierney.
20. “Play hard. Play smart. Play together.” — Dean Smith
21. “Lacrosse is fast-paced, and I like fast-paced games. It’s demanding physically and has the hardest conditioning of any sport. You are always running if you are not sprinting. It’s constant movement.” — Aaron Gray
22. “If I had to go to war again, I’d bring lacrosse players.” — Conn Smythe
23. “Lacrosse: Play like there is no tomorrow.”
24. “I don’t consider lacrosse a sport. To me, that’s just a frat activity that got out of hand.” — Judah Friedlander.
25. “I could fully express myself in lacrosse.” — Jim Brown
26. “The ultimate goal of lacrosse is to score goals. The more goals a team can score, the more likely they are to win a game.” — Kelly Amonte Hiller
27. “Being a part of the finesse and physicality of box lacrosse has been a great experience for me. I feel that I have learned and improved as an overall lacrosse player.” — Paul Rabil
28. “It’s a family; lacrosse is not like any other sport; it’s more of a way of life.” — Adam Gardner
29. “I could run 200 yards at a stretch, I could duck between players, I felt free to make plays that suited me best.” — Jim Brown
30. “I’d rather play lacrosse six days a week and football on the seventh.” — Jim Brown
31. “It’s not too often around here that you find someone with the lacrosse experience he has.” — Dean Curtis
32. “I grew up with lacrosse in my life because my dad played lacrosse all throughout college, so I grew up with the gear in my house – like the sticks, the helmet.” — Tyler Posey
33. “Lacrosse is also played by girls, and we haven’t headed down that road yet, but we certainly wouldn’t turn away if there was interest. We just kind of got things going with the boys’ teams.” — Andy Shoop
34. “Our goal was to bring lacrosse to Marion County. It’s different from football, basketball, and soccer. It’s something new here. The game is very exciting, and it moves quickly.” — Yvonne Smith
35. “Lacrosse goals are lacrosse dreams with deadlines.” — Felicity Luckey
36. “Hurling looks a bit like a cross between lacrosse and second-degree murder.” — David Feherty
37. “I pawned the remote to my misery, trading it in for liquor that was cheap, screwdrivers for my vitamin C, and a little bloodstream to my IV, helping to soothe my lunacy” – Author – Phil Volatile.
38. “The amount of sympathy you get from having an illness is paid out like a Ponzi scheme, and psychiatric disorders are all the way at the bottom.” – Author: Nenia Campbell.
39. “You will probably be eaten by either wild boar, coyotes, or at the very least, these fucking annoying pterodactyl mosquitoes.” – Author: T.M. Frazier.
40. “Your life isn’t something you can leave behind or run away from because you are it. People, on the other hand, are another matter altogether.” – Author: Santa Montefiore.
41. “I don’t care what my children choose to do professionally, just as long as, within their choices, they understand they’ve got to give something back.” – Author: Marian Wright Edelman.
42. “Great champions have an enormous sense of pride. The people who excel are those who are driven to show the world and prove to themselves just how good they are.” – Nancy Lopez.
43. “The pain of getting hit with a 100 mph shot? Nothing compared to the pain of missing it” – Unknown
44. “A lot of people run a race to see who is fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more” – Pre.
45. “Teammates are there for each other even after the noise of the crowd is gone.”– Jim Brown.
46. “Lacrosse is where we live; life is just where we spend time between games.” – Unknown.
47. “Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it” –Pre
48. “There aren’t any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.” – William Halsey
49. “There aren’t any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.” – John Tavares
50. “I don’t consider lacrosse a sport. To me, that’s just a frat activity that got out of hand.” – Judah Friedlander
51. “Move on to the next one. You can’t make every save or score every shot. Have a short memory and get the next one.” – Jesse Schwartzman
52. “Twenty years ago, people thought they were fishing nets and all sorts of things when you brought out a lacrosse stick. Now almost everywhere you go, people have heard of it, they’ve seen it.” – Gary Gait
53. “Attackers like the limelight. Defenders crave physicality. Midfielders like a sampling of both. And goalies only function with the weight of the world on their shoulders.” – Dana Czapnik
54. “I think the greatest all-around athlete ever was Jim Brown. He played lacrosse, and basketball and ran track at Syracuse. He played professional football for the Browns.” – Will McDonogh
Lacrosse is full of inspiring quotes that can motivate and uplift players and enthusiasts alike. These quotes not only capture the essence of the game but also serve as a reminder of the values and qualities that are important to succeed in life. Whether it’s the determination and perseverance showcased by players on the field or the camaraderie and teamwork displayed by the entire team, lacrosse teaches us valuable life lessons.