If you are a basketball player, a coach, or fun looking for some NBA quote inspirational, then you are in the right place.
The NBA is the pinnacle of excellence and greatness in professional basketball. It is where legends are born, dreams come true, and the human spirit is pushed to its limits.
Within this realm, the players’ words carry immense power, inspiring millions around the globe.
We are going to look at some of the inspiring words spoken by some of the best NBA stars, hoping that you’ll get the jump start you need to overcome your obstacles.
50+ NBA Quotes Inspirational
1.”I can accept failure; everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” – Michael Jordan.
2. “The only important statistic is the final score.” – Bill Russell
3. “Good, better, best. Never let it rest until your good is better, and your better is best.” – Tim Duncan
4. “I can’t relate to lazy people. We don’t speak the same language. I don’t understand you. I don’t want to understand you.” – Kobe Bryant
5.”The only difference between a good shot and a bad shot is if it goes in or not.” – Charles Barkley
6. “Success is not an accident. Success is actually a choice.” – Stephen Curry
7. “I don’t measure a man’s success by how high he climbs, but how high he bounces when he hits the bottom.” – George S. Patton
8. “I’ve always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come.” – Michael Jordan
9. “You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.” – Michael Jordan
10. “The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life – mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical.” – Julius Erving
11. “You can’t be afraid to fail. It’s the only way you succeed – you’re not gonna succeed all the time, and I know that.” – LeBron James
12. “I would tell players to relax and never think about what’s at stake. Just think about the basketball game. If you start to think about who is going to win the championship, you’ve lost your focus.” – Michael Jordan
13. “I’m not out there sweating for three hours every day just to find out what it feels like to sweat.” – Michael Jordan
14. “In basketball – as in life – true joy comes from being fully present in each and every moment, not just when things are going your way.” – Phil Jackson
15. “The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” – Phil Jackson
16. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.” – Vince Lombardi
17. “It’s not about any one person. You’ve got to get over yourself and realize that it takes a group to get this thing done.” – Gregg Popovich
18. “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan
19. “It’s hard to win a game if you don’t beat the guys in white shirts. That’s the way I look at it.” – Larry Bird
20. “Great players are willing to give up their own personal achievement for the achievement of the group. It enhances everybody.” – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
21. “Don’t measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability.” – John Wooden
22. “It is not how big you are, it’s how big you play.” – John Wooden
23. “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” – John Wooden
24. “Basketball is a beautiful game when the five players on the court play with one heartbeat.” – Dean Smith
25. “The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play ‘Drop the Handkerchief.'” – James Naismith
26. “A basketball team is like the five fingers on your hand. If you can get them all together, you have a fist. That’s how I want you to play.” – Mike Krzyzewski.
27. “Winning takes precedence over all. There’s no gray area. No almosts.” – Kobe Bryant
28. “There are only two options regarding commitment. You’re either in or out. There’s no such thing as life in-between.” – Pat Riley.
29. “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” – John Wooden.
30. “Basketball is a team game. But that doesn’t mean all five players should have the same amount of shots.” – Dean Smith.
31. “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” – Michael Jordan.
32. “The best teams have chemistry. They communicate with each other, and they sacrifice personal glory for the common goal.” – Dave DeBusschere.
33. “What to do with a mistake: recognize it, admit it, learn from it, forget it.” – Dean Smith.
34. “If you are afraid of failure, you don’t deserve to be successful.” – Charles Barkley.
35. “You can’t get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.” – Jerry West.
36. “I’ve got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.” – Larry Bird.
37. “In the end, it’s about the teaching, and what I always loved about coaching was the practice. Not the games, not the tournaments, not the championships, but the practice.” – Pat Summitt
38. “Push yourself again and again. Don’t give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.” – Larry Bird.
39. “You can’t win unless you learn how to lose.” – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
40. “I don’t believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can’t be measured. You can’t measure a ballplayer’s heart.” – Red Auerbach
41. “The key is not the ‘will to win’… everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important.” – Bobby Knight
42. “Good players want to be coached… Great players want to be told the truth.” – Doc Rivers
43. “To succeed… You need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you.” – Tony Dorsett
44. “The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.” – Vince Lombardi
45. “The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” – Phil Jackson
46. “Your biggest opponent isn’t the other guy. It’s human nature.” – Bobby Knight
47. “Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome.” – Arthur Ashe
48. “I’ve never been afraid to fail.” – Michael Jordan
49. “I don’t know what the future holds, but I do know that I’m going to be positive and not wake up feeling desperate.” – Bill Murray
50. “Discipline is not a nasty word.” – Pat Riley
51. “I’m not going to say I was the best, but I worked harder than anyone else.” – Magic Johnson.
52. “I play to win, whether during practice or a real game.” – Michael Jordan
53. “The will to succeed is important, but what’s more important is the will to prepare.” – Bobby Knight
54. “I’m just one of the guys.” – Larry Bird
55. “If you’re trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I’ve had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan
56. “The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe that you might block every shot.” – Bill Russell.
57. “Make each day your masterpiece.” – John Wooden
58. “If you meet the Buddha in the lane, feed him the ball.” – Phil Jackson
59.“Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.” – Arnold H. Glasow
60. “The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do.” – Kobe Bryant
61. “Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is.” – Vince Lombardi
Our NBA quotes inspirational can uplift and inspire individuals from all walks of life. These quotes, spoken by some of the greatest basketball players in history, remind us of the passion, determination, and resilience required to succeed. Whether it’s Michael Jordan’s famous quote about failure being a stepping stone to success or LeBron James’ words on the importance of hard work and dedication, these quotes serve as a source of inspiration for athletes, entrepreneurs, and anyone striving to achieve greatness.